Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The 20-Minute Bridal Session

Beauty Can Be Found Anywhere

Emma and Jason came to me last July to be the photographer for their 2012 wedding. We shot a lively engagement session last summer and I've been looking forward to shooting their wedding knowing that it will be a showcase event for my portfolio.

Emma and I got together last weekend to go over the final details leading up to her wedding, now just a week away. With such packed schedules we never arranged a bridal session. I had just about an hour of time to do the shot on Tuesday morning. The simple solution: put up a black background and shoot on the north-facing side of her house.

Emma was dressed in her gown when I arrived. Her sisters were there to help (wearing rubber gloves so as not to get any fingerprints on the dress). Once Emma was out in front of the background it only took us 15 minutes to snap off 99 frames. The pictures are being printed today and a framed bridal portrait will be ready in time to stand on an easel at their reception.

My twenty-year career as a commercial and editorial photographer has allowed me to work for clients in such major markets as Dallas, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, Minneapolis, and Washington DC. 

My wedding portfolio can be seen at ingenuepix.com.

Link over to my Senior Pictures blog to see samples of my high energy and fashion oriented senior pictures.

To see my commercial and fashion work visit hethornphotography.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment