Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Simple Country Wedding

Southern Comfort
In March I got a phone call from Jared asking if I had the 14th of July available to shoot his and Dawn's wedding. Hearing to Jared's easy going Missouri accent over the phone made me a little home sick for the south, and I knew that he and I were going to hit it off when we when we finally get the chance to meet face to face. I lived in Texas for all of the 1990s, but coming from the west coast I never felt at home living in the south. Looking back on my southern experience I now realize how much the south has shaped me into who I am today.

Old fashioned Wedding
The ceremony was heald in a small coutry church surrounded by corn and soybean fields, and on one of the hottest days of the summer, the church had no air conditioning. Even thought I sweated completely through my clothes, everyone else seamed reasonably cool and comfortable. Jared's family and his groom's men all came form Missouri, so of course thay were all wearing St. Louis Cardinals jerseys. Dawn's family are all Brewers fans, but it looks to me like they've worked through their differences.

My twenty-year career as a commercial and editorial photographer has allowed me to work for clients in such major markets as Dallas, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, Minneapolis, and Washington DC. 

My wedding portfolio can be seen at ingenuepix.com.

Link over to my Senior Pictures blog to see samples of my high energy and fashion oriented senior pictures.

To see my commercial and fashion work visit hethornphotography.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment